Kazan Federal University (Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology)
Kazan Federal University (Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology) is an integral department of Kazan federal university (Volga region) KFU, established in 1930. Students from all over the world enroll to pursue a high-quality MBBS program from the Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology. Get 100% assistance and support for Kazan Federal University (Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology) admission in Russia.
Kazan (Volga region) Federal University is composed of 18 primary education institutes. Among them, the medical education department, Russia is called the Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology. It is popular by several names such as Kazan (Volga region) Federal University, Kazan University, IFMB Kazan University, and Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology, Kazan University. It is the various names of the university that create all mixed up for foreign or international students. IFMB Kazan University admission opens for a very short span of time. RREC (Reliable Russian Educational Consultants) team will help Indian & foreign students to apply for medicine courses in IFMB at the right time and before the deadline. We also equipped you with the information on Kazan Federal University Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology fees and Kazan Federal University Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology ranking.
Accreditation and Ranking
As far as university ranking is concerned Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) ranking in the world is 370 in QS Global World University Rankings 2021. As far as Kazan Federal University’s (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) country ranking is concerned, it is among the top ten medical universities that are highly sought after by many Indian students.
- Kazan Federal (IFMB) is accredited by the Ministry of Education and Science, Russia.
- It is recognized and approved by WHO and NMC of India.
Get Direct Admission
Overview of Kazan Federal University
Kazan Federal University is the second oldest university in Russia. It is a non-profit public higher education institution that is established in 1804 located in the Volga region of Kazan, the Republic of Tatarstan in Russia. The university has a branch campus in Naberezhnye Chelny and Yelabuga. It is duly recognized by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation. It offers a coeducation education system with over a 45000 enrollment range for students. There are more than 3000 professors, researchers serving their excellence in the university. Kazan Federal University provides several academic and non-academic facilities to foreign students such as housing facilities, sports, library, etc. Moreover, it also facilitates them to study abroad and exchange programs, distant learning programs, online courses, and administrative services.
Kazan Federal University is popular for its academic schools in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, and Linguistics. It allows research and development in domains such as biomedicine, pharmacology, physics, chemistry, oil & gas, geology, nanotechnology, information technology, cultural studies, humanities, psychology, pedagogy, and inter-disciplinary fields. It has a national research center comprising 33 modern and advanced laboratories. They are consistently involved in research in the field of applied radiophysics, applied mathematical modeling, electrosynthesis of aromatic compounds, and economics. The proposed laboratories in the fields of biology, physics, biomedicine, chemistry, geology, and ecology are in the pipeline.
Quick Fact Check
|Name of the Institute||Kazan Federal University (Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology)|
|Location||Volga Region, Republic of Tatarstan, Russia|
|Popular Name/Abbrev.||Kazan (Volga region) Federal University, IFMiB Kazan Federal|
|Year of Establishment||1804. In May 2012, the Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology was created|
|Number of Department||More than 20, Medical faculty is the main for Indian students (IFMB)|
|Medium of Instruction||English/Russian|
|NEET Required||Yes, It is Required & Mandatory|
|Courses Offered in IFMB||General Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy|
|Minimum percentage required||50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology aggregate|
|IELTS/TOEFL||Accepted but not Mandatory|
|Fees for MBBS||5800 USD/ (approx) Each Year|
|Duration of MBBS||6 Years|
|University Recognition||WHO, NMC of India Approved|
|University World Ranking||World Ranking – #370 (Sources: QS World Rankings)|
|Category of IFMB||Medical Colleges in Russia|
|Contact Official Representative||RREC website:– www.rrecrussia.com, www.rrecrostov.com|
Historical Overview of Kazan Federal University
In 1804 when the KFU was established, by the order of Alexander, it was entitled to Imperial University of Kazan. A few of the first departments established at the university were the Department of Anatomy, the Department of Physiology, the Department of Medicine, and the Department of Natural History and Botanics.
Medicine was inducted into the university in the year 1806 by an Anatomist I.P. Kamensky and a Physician K.F. Fuchs. In 1807, prof. I.O. Brown took over I.P. Kemensky at the Department of Anatomy. The history and glory of Kazan Federal University are extensively associated with prestigious and eminent Biologists and Physicians such as E. Eversmann, K. Fuchs, S. Zimnitsky, A. Kowalewski, V. Gruzdev, S. Samoilov, P. Lesgaft, and many more. From 1827 to 1846, the university is successfully led by the immense contribution of renowned mathematicians Nikolai Ivanovich Lobachevsky.
In 1930, the Medical Faculty was separated from Kazan University. Consequently, Kazan Medical Institute was formed. In 1933, the Faculty of Biology was opened at the University. In the year 2010, it got qualified for federal status and was reckoned among the top 15 universities that participated in the Russian Academic Excellence Project held by the government of Russia. Since then the university has been involved in continuous efforts towards improving and enhancing the global competitiveness among the leading research and innovation centers worldwide.
In the year 2012, the Kazan Federal University (Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology) was founded by the Biology and Soil Faculty of KFU. All medical departments were newly formed by immense contribution and dedicative endeavor the best assignees of the medical community and science of Tatarstan. KFU’s purpose and priority in medical training are teaching the fundamental approach that will help graduates to become a new generation of doctors, enable them to understand the causes and mechanisms of the processes occurring in the body of a healthy or sick person.
Special Highlight of KFU:
- KFU is 215 years old, the second oldest university in Russia is the top-rated higher educational institution in Russia.
- The university is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools. The university is blessed to have almost 3000 eminent professors who are adept and experts in the domain.
- It has more than 45000 students including international students.
- 300 Bachelor’s, Postgraduate programs, Specialist and Master’s Degree programs.
- More than 3000 professors, researchers, academicians contributing their valuable services.
- Kazan Federal University has a robust infrastructure for scientific exploration that includes research centers for excellence to compete globally.
- There are further 80 research and training laboratories.
- KFU is known for its high-quality medical education which focuses primarily on practical and research-led training.
- Kazan Federal University offers 6 years of MBBS course.
- It offers the English medium MBBS course for international students.
Kazan Federal University includes 17 institutes, 3 high schools, 2 faculties, 4 departments for under-graduation and post-graduation, and 3 branches located around the vicinity of the Volga region.
Institutes & Faculties at KFU:
- Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology
- Institute of Environment Sciences
- Alexander Butlerov Institute of Chemistry
- Institute of Engineering
- Higher Institute of Information Technologies and Intelligent Systems
- Institute of Computational Mathematics and Information Technologies
- Nikolai Lobachevsky Institute of Mathematics & Mechanics
- Institute of Physics
- Institute of International Relations
- Higher School of business
- Institute of Management, Economics, and Finance
- Leo Tolstoy Institute of Philology and Intercultural Communication
- Institute of Psychology and Education
- Institute of Social and Philosophical Science and Mass Communication
- Naberezhnye Institute
- Yelabuga Institute
- Faculty of Law
Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology (IFMB), Kazan University
Kazan Federal University was established in 1804, however, the Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology (IFMB) which is part of the KFU, formed in established in 1930. IFMB Kazan Federal has gained immense popularity world in terms of dispensing top-notch medical education to international students. At present, there are more than 1700 students studying in various Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D. programs in the institute with more than 250 represented by foreign students. Post-2013, the university re-inducts medical courses wherein more than 500 students enrolled. It has more than 200 partner organizations in Russia where medical students are placed for practical learning and clinical training. IFMB, Kazan University comprises of the following:
- 3 educational and scientific basis
- IFMB MSC University Clinic – Center for Simulation and Simulation Training
- 30 research laboratories
- Botanical Garden
- Botanical and Zoological Museums
Note: RREC (Russian Reliable Educational Consultants) is an official and authorized representative for MBBS admission in IFMB Kazan Federal committed to head-to-toe information and reliable assistance in getting admission to the university. Contact us for a hassle-free admission process.
There are eight departments under the high school of medicine, such as:
- Department of Pharmacy Anatomical Museum
- Department of Human Health
- Department of Emergency Medicine and Simulation Medicine
- Department of Dentistry and Implantology
- Department of Surgery, pediatrics, and Gynecology
- Department of Fundamental principles of Clinical Medicine
- Department of Bioecology and Hygiene and Public Health
- Department of Morphology and General Pathology
Some compelling Reasons to Apply to Kazan Federal University (IFMB) for MBBS Course?
Sans doubt, the quality of education, top faculties, and infrastructure for training and research available in the university is simply impeccable. IFMB at Kazan Federal has a tremendous score on these measures and terms. It has a bunch of adept and experienced faculties – most of them having Ph.D. degrees and others have a scientific background. Other staff and research trainers are in accord with international profiles. In addition to that, the Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) fee structure is also reasonably low as compared to Indian private medical colleges. The university has exclusive tie-up and collaboration with many international and national organizations. It also lifts up Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) country ranking and global ranking. Some other good reasons to apply for IFMB for MBBS course include as such below:
- English as a medium of MBBS course for foreign students with affordable cost of living.
- WHO, UNESCO, and NMC approved medical institutions.
- Proper encouragement and environment for practice, research, and development.
- A large number of international students enrolled every year in the university.
- Subsidized and reasonably low Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) MBBS fees (lesser than Indian private colleges).
- Positive comments and reviews by the students studying in the university.
- Excellent global ranking.
- Top-notch infrastructure, structured with high-end equipment.
- No entrance exam or IELTS/TOEFL required.
- Globally recognized degree.
How to get admission to the MBBS course at IFMB Kazan Federal University?
The entire process of admission is transparent and online. Indian students need to apply online for Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) admission. Students may not be aware of the entire admission procedure and Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) MBBS fees in India. In such a situation, it is always preferable to consult the RREC team as we are the official representative of this university.
Having spent many years in this profession, we often heard of incidents where owing to lack of information and knowledge and complexity of involved in foreign university admission they get into the trap of fake agents who often attract them with floating schemes without providing them adequate information and guidance needed essentially in order to make the right decision. Moreover, there is also a risk of enrolling in the Russian medium MBBS program which you only know later and as a student, you can’t do much about it. Hence, it risks not only the waste of time and money but your entire dream of becoming a doctor.
RREC team of experts will not only help you through the entire process but also provide complete information regarding Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) fees and Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) hostel facility available for foreign students.
Cost and Fee structure at IFMB:
Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) fee structure is given below:
|1st year||2nd year to 6th year||Grand Total|
|7400 USD||5800 USD||36400$|
|Total in INR||Rs 5,42, 000||Rs 4,24,000||
Note: The cost is approx. as it may fluctuate with the current currency rate.
*fees include tuition, hostel, medical insurance, registration & visa extension.
Hostel or Accommodation facility at IFMB, Kazan University
The accommodation or hostel facility is readily available for Indian and international students at IFMB. The Kazan Federal University Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology hostel campus is known as Universiade. The hostel building is well-furnished and equipped with all kinds of modern and essential amenities. The nearby facilities comprise a laundry, medicine store, copy center, cafeteria, etc. Due to convenient accommodation and all facilities it gets admiring and appreciable Kazan Federal University (Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology) reviews from the studying students. Students have an option to choose from double or triple sharing rooms.
Eligibility, Document required, and Admission process at IFMB, Kazan in 2021/22
Eligibility for admission
- The age of the applicants must be 17 years on or before 31st Dec of the year of admission to MBBS in RostSMU.
- The applicant must have passed the higher secondary school.
- The subjects in 12th must comprise Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English
- The percentage must be 60% in two subjects (Bio+chem)
- NEET is mandatory for Indian students.
- IELTS and TOEFL not required.
Document required for admission in IFMB, Kazan 2021/22
- A passport with at least 2 years of validity.
- Certificate and mark sheet of 10th class. (Higher school)
- Certificate and mark sheet of 12th class. (Secondary school)
- The NEET Scorecard. (with Qualified marks)
- Fees Guarantee letter for 6 years. from parents.
- Notarized birth certificate if the student is not 18 years old.
- 20 passport size photo – 4.5 x 3.5 cm with 80% face at the matte paper.
- Documents apostille from the Ministry of HRD & External Affairs, India.
- Medical fitness certificate.
- Report of HIV test (Negative).
- Documents should be translated & legalized by the Russian Embassy.
- Online application:
The application form is available online. Fill in every detail carefully. Do not put in wrong information to avoid rejection of the application form.
- Review of application:
After the submission of the application form, the university will review it. It will take 5-8 working days.
- Admission & Invitation letter:
If the candidate is selected for admission, the RREC Team will inform you through email and send you the university admission letter and will apply for an invitation letter.
- Apply for Visa:
Having an invitation letter at hand candidates can apply for Visa now. RREC Team will do all the documentation.
- Book your flight:
After your Visa and other documents are cleared you are ready to fly to your dream destination in Russia.
Inform the date of arrival and other essential details, so that we can arrange the pick-up facility. It is also essential to avoid deportation of the candidate to the homeland by the Immigration Authorities of Russia. (All work will be taken care of by RREC officials only)
Advantage of Studying Medicine in Russia at IFMB
- No need to clear any entrance exam for admission to IFMB.
- No donation is required for Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) admission.
- Robust infrastructure for practical learning and research training.
- A convenient procedure for admission and fast process.
- Compulsory medical insurance for students.
- Low-cost living for students in Russia.
- International exposure and a high level of student engagement and participation.
- World popular Medical tourism in Russia.
- Lots of social, cultural, traditional, and sports activities conducted every year.
- The regular conference, seminar, and educational meeting held in the university.
Plenty of extracurricular activities for students at IFMB Kazan Federal University
IFMB Kazan Federal propels several opportunities for the student enrolling in the medical course. It gives high importance to the well-being of its students and their integration in the quality-led MBBS program. You will be provided an international environment and get an opportunity to meet students from different backgrounds and exchange knowledge with them. It also helps them to international culture inculcate the ability to perform at the global level once you become a doctor.
The university also provides various opportunities to unleash your extracurricular talent. It has several sports halls, swimming, various students club, and groups that encourage students to participate in different activities. Students are also encouraged to take part in plenty of sports activities such as aerobics, table-tennis, basketball, football, martial arts, volleyball, throw the ball, climbing, athletics (both track & field), and more.
Support and Services offered by RREC Team
- Filling and submission of online application form for admission.
- Guide you & your parents with A to Z information of Medical studies in Russia & IFMB Kazan.
- Provide full information about pre & post documentation.
- Procuring hostel or accommodation arrangement.
- Providing all sorts of assistance to students to settle down in Russia.
- Receiving university invitation letter on student’s behalf.
- Visa Assistance.
- Do complete documentation including visa, ticket, etc.
Speak to our education consultant or advisor which is absolutely free of cost. Get all important counseling regarding study abroad options. During the consultation, you will be informed about the entire application procedures, accommodation or Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) hostel, travel arrangements, Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) reviews, and many more. You will also get information about continuous education or post-graduation study abroad.
Note: All work will be done by RREC officials only.
An Eye-opener Lesson for both Aspiring students and parents
In recent years, the number of NMC recognized and approved MBBS universities in Russia has increased tremendously. Consequently, there is a cluster of information on the internet related to medical admission in Russia, among them many information is faulty and misleading. Due to this unorganized and unfiltered data, many fake agents who are not even worthy of consulting at all try to fool aspirants with false promises and information. To avoid all such incidents, and not let students and parents confused and apply perfectly in the most appropriate and highly acknowledged MBBS University in Russia, RREC has formed a team of expert and qualified team of academic consultants. Get in touch with us to know everything you want. We provide every detail and information with sheer commitment and transparency.
Frequently Asked Question:
Q – Do Students supposed to clear any entrance exam to get admission to IFMB medical course?
Yes, the entrance exam is required in IFMB for foreign students. The admission will be based on your previous academic record where a minimum of 50% aggregate is required in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Q – Is IFMB part of Kazan Federal University?
Yes, Kazan (Volga region) Federal University is composed of 18 primary education institutes. Among them, the medical education department, Russia is called the Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology.
Q – I want to know about the quality of faculties at IFMB Kazan Federal?
Teachers, academicians, and professors at IFMB Kazan Federal are highly experienced and knowledgeable. Most of them having Ph.D. degrees in Science.
Q – Why Russia is considered so affordable to do medical education?
There are several WHO and NMC recognized MBBS universities in Russia that are truly non-profit and funded by the Federal Government. Moreover, the government provides subsidies on education as well.
Q – What kind of support students and parents can expect from the RREC team?
The RREC team helps students and parents in the entire procedure of getting admission in Russia. From true counseling to admission to the medical university, we offer comprehensive support and reliable assistance. We are an authorized and official representative. You can contact us to know more.
Get Direct Admission to IFMB-Kazan, Join Reliable Russian Educational Consultants
Admission open for the 2021-22 academic year, interesting students may contact us
Contact numbers: +917042284508, 509 (Indian office)
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Students or parents can write to us on at WhatsApp also +917042284508 (Ind)
Top Institute of Medical Study in Russia-IFMB | Kazan Federal University Russia
Hello everyone, Greetings from Reliable Russian Educational Consultants the authorized representative of Kazan federal university for Indian & foreign students.
Here are the interesting facts on why to study Medicine (MBBS) at Kazan Federal University, Russia | MBBS in Rusia for 6 Years
Kazan Federal University is located in Kazan, Russia (Founded in 1804). KFU is one of the oldest Russian universities, associated with the names of Vladimir Lenin, Russian writer Leo Tolstoy, seven Nobel Prize laureates, and modern statesmen. Nowadays, University is a dynamic modern university that actively engaged in local and international cooperation and networking with academia and industry. KF University is also a member of the Russian Academic Excellence Project 5-100 & offers a number of undergraduate and postgraduate programs taught in English.
Faculties for foreign students in English:
- Medicine (MBBS) / 6 years Duration.
- Dentistry (BDS) / 5 years Duration.
Many young people around the globe dream of studying MBBS (Medicine), but they don’t know where to join the best Medical Colleges in the world. Russia in the field of Medical Education is well known and having renowned universities who are having the faculty of Medicine, KFU is one of them. KFU foreign students Representative RREC team helping Indians as well as foreign students to get enrolled in KFU, to know more about the university, latest fees, admission procedure contact www.rrecrussia.com, www.rrecrostov.com or call +91-7042284508,509
Here are the interesting facts of choosing the Kazan Federal University: One of the oldest universities in Russia. Internationally recognized as one of the most active universities in Russia.
- KFU is recognized by the Medical Council of India, WHO, and many other medical councils across the globe. Continuous development in recent years has created excellent research and teaching laboratories.
- Modern and active university KFU is now one of the most active universities in Russia by its quality education system, networking with European universities which is good for incoming students for their future.
- Kazan is a city in southwest Russia, on the banks of the Volga and Kazanka rivers.
The capital of the Republic of Tatarstan, KFU is located in the historical center of the city, it is accessible to students from any point of the city and is also close to the metro station. The city hosted the 2013 Summer Universiade, 2014 World Fencing Championships, the 2015 World Aquatics Championships, and is one of the host cities for the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup and, for the first time in Russia. Kazan has also held the World Wushu Championships. In 2018, Kazan became one of the cities where the 2018 FIFA World Cup was held. Excellent Hostel facilities for foreign students.
Requirements for One to Study MBBS in KFU By the end of the admission year, 31st December, every student must have attained 17 years of age. A candidate should perform well in science (biology, chemistry, and English) in their 12th standard and attain at least 50% in an exam regulated by CBSE or other acceptable bodies. The entrance exam is mandatory for MBBS Programs for more information consult us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indian students must have NEET eligibility to study MBBS abroad.
- For Foreign students only passports, applications, and school certificates. Admission to first-year general medicine, BASED ON PREVIOUS SCHOOL CERTIFICATES RECORD.
- 1 Kazan Federal University (Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology)
- 1.1 Accreditation and Ranking
- 1.2 Get Direct Admission
- 1.3 Overview of Kazan Federal University
- 1.4 Quick Fact Check
- 1.5 Historical Overview of Kazan Federal University
- 1.6 Special Highlight of KFU:
- 1.7 Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology (IFMB), Kazan University
- 1.8 Some compelling Reasons to Apply to Kazan Federal University (IFMB) for MBBS Course?
- 1.9 How to get admission to the MBBS course at IFMB Kazan Federal University?
- 1.10 Cost and Fee structure at IFMB:
- 1.11 Hostel or Accommodation facility at IFMB, Kazan University
- 1.12 Eligibility, Document required, and Admission process at IFMB, Kazan in 2021/22
- 1.13 Admission process:
- 1.14 Frequently Asked Question:
- 1.15 Get Direct Admission to IFMB-Kazan, Join Reliable Russian Educational Consultants
- 1.16 Admission open for the 2021-22 academic year, interesting students may contact us
- 1.17 Top Institute of Medical Study in Russia-IFMB | Kazan Federal University Russia
- 2 Here are the interesting facts on why to study Medicine (MBBS) at Kazan Federal University, Russia | MBBS in Rusia for 6 Years