Volgograd State Medical University – A Popular Choice For MBBS in Russia 2021
According to a recent study, it is found that Indian students are more likely to visit Russia to study MBBS. It was way back in 1996 when Indian students begin traveling to Russia in their quest to achieve the MBBS degree from abroad. Since then, the trend has only gone higher and higher. Today, Russia is one of the hot destinations for Indian students to do MBBS. The decision is more likely to pay them off because most of the universities in Russia are recognized and approved by WHO and NMC of India. Among the reputed list of medical universities in Russia, Volgograd State Medical University is highly admired and chosen by the aspirants due to its overall performance and quality of education. Volgograd State Medical University, Russia is a government-funded university which makes it an affordable medical college in Russia.
About Volgograd State Medical University
There is no dearth of highly-experienced and qualified teaching staff and physicians in VSMU. In fact, it has developed a committee of world-famous scientists. The total number of staff in the university is 763. It incorporates exceedingly qualified professors and instructors. It has 96 professors, 11 academicians, 401 associate professors. Mostly they are equipped with Ph.D. or more advanced degrees.
Volgograd State Medical University is rated among the top-notch medical university in Russia owing to its seamless education, practical knowledge, multi-diversity, and affordable Volgograd State Medical University fees. This is the reason why every year university experiences a large flux of international students from the nation like UAE, Nepal, Pakistan, Africa, India, etc.
Get Direct Admission
Why should You Choose Team RREC for Admission to VSMU in 2021?
Team RREC (Reliable Russian Educational Consultants) is operating in this field for years and follows a transparent and honest procedure to get you enrolled in the VolgSMU MBBS program. We understand there are many fake agents out there who entice you with mouth-watering schemes and assistance. It is essential to avoid such agents. Dealing with such agents will not put your money at risk but your career as well.
We are specialized in offering dedicated service and consultancy for admission in MBBS in Russia. We provide complete medical education guidance to parents and future doctors. We are the only official and authorized representative for admission to VSMU and many other universities in Russia. Till now, we have been immaculate in providing seamless assistance to students and zero rejection records. We have successfully placed more than 350+ students for MBBS in Russia every year
Recognition and Accreditation
VSMU is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools. It is approved and recognized by WHO and NMC of India. The university is also accredited by FAIMER and has also been working as a collaborative effort with the WHO, British Council, the World Federation for Medical Education, the United Nations Education, Social and Cultural Organization, and the US Agency for International Development.
Over the years, the university has developed a firm bonging and tie-ups with leading international Universities.
University Summary at a Glance
|Name of the Institute||Volgograd State Medical University, Russia|
|Location||Volgograd, Russian Federation|
|Year of Establishment||1935|
|Number of Faculty||08|
|Medium of Instruction||English / Russian|
|Courses Offered||General Medicine, Pediatrics, Dentistry, Pharmacy|
|Minimum percentage required||50% in PCB|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||30 to 45 days|
|Fees for MBBS||6000 USD/ Each Year|
|Duration of MBBS||6 Years|
|University Recognition||WHO, NMC of India Approved|
|Total Number of Students||5000 Russian students and 4500 International Students|
|University Ranking||Volgograd State Medical University Country Ranking -105, Volgograd State Medical University Ranking in World – 3103 (Sources: 4icu.org)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Russia|
|Contact Official Representative||RREC website:– www.rrecrussia.com, www.rrecrostov.com|
Why should Indian Students strive to get admission for MBBS at VSMU in 2021/22?
We all know how difficult it is to beat the fierce competition and grab their seat in government medical colleges or universities in India. Every year more than 16 lacs students appear for the medical entrance exam for just 35000 seats. Moreover, the cost of MBBS in our country is too high to afford. Under such circumstances, when universities like Volgograd State Medical University, Russia offer direct admission in MBBS that too in affordable cost, it becomes irresistible for the students to hold them back to pursue their dream career abroad. This is the reason why Volgograd State Medical University reviews are quite splendid over the years. Some top-notch factors to do MBBS from VSMU are given below:
The syllabus in VSMU, Russia emphasizes highly practical knowledge and hands-on experience in real-life situations. The level of medical education is extremely good, very much equivalent to renowned universities worldwide.
VSMU offers affordable MBBS courses, even cheaper than several private medical colleges in India. It would be quite ridiculous to hear but ironically doing an MBBS course in VSMU is almost 3 times cheaper than in India.
You heard it right! To take admission in VSMU you do not need to pay any donation or capitation amount. Your entry or admission is truly based on merit and the previous percentage and grades in your 10+2. Moreover, the entire budget of your course is extremely feasible because the Volgograd State Medical University fees are low.
You can enroll in the English-medium MBBS course at VSMU. Undoubtedly, getting an MBBS degree from the top-rated medical university in Russia in an English medium taught course ensures a demanding medical career around the globe.
Hostel Facility for Boys & Girls
Hostels in VSMU are well-furnished with all essential modern-day facilities. Campus and hostels both are ragging-free as strict norms are implied for ragging in all the universities in Russia. Volgograd State Medical University hostel is affordable for Indian students. There is a separate hostel for boys and girls.
Gaining a degree from VSMU brings global opportunities. You may apply to the several USA or European countries for continuous education and can work worldwide there as well. You may also continue your post-graduation in Russia or come back to India.
Accreditation and affiliation
The University has several accreditations and affiliations. It is recognized by the WHO and NNC of India. The University has also accredited by the Russian Ministry for Education for teaching and training Russian as well as foreign students.
Faculty & Staff
Professors, teachers, the staff at VSMU university are high-qualified. They play a significant role in shaping up the future of students. They train and nurture and students to a global level. This ensures you get nothing less than optimum medical education. Departments, teachers, and staff all work in harmony to ensure proper education, safety, and facility of the students without any bias.
Extracurricular and Physical Activities
Apart from teaching and training students get an opportunity to participate in cultural, sport, and physical activities. The University has a dedicated department that facilitates and promotes physical training. The department incorporates a sports ground gym, mini stadium, etc. Every year the cultural program is held by international students. Cricket and football tournaments are also organized by Indian and Malaysian students.
Degree Recognized Worldwide
The MBBS Degree obtained from VSMU is globally recognized. Government hospitals provide practical training to medical students in Russia. Students are eligible to work in a government hospitals after completing their MBBS program.
Some other advantages include:
- Affordable Volgograd State Medical University fee structure and living cost.
- Volgograd State Medical University reviews from the students studying there are excellent. VSMU is one of the trusted universities in Russia that welcomed a high number of Indian students for general medicine courses.
- An array of possibilities and extensive exposure to clinical practice due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Having advanced research projects for the international development of students.
- The University is listed in the World Directory of Higher Medical School approved by WHO.
- Graduates from VSMU can work or get a job worldwide after successfully clearing the national exam of the respective nation.
- Volgograd State Medical University scholarship is also available for students who lack financial support.
Faculties at VolgSMU
Following are the faculties at VolgSMU:
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Medical Biochemistry
- Faculty of Social Work and Clinical Psychology
- Faculty of postgraduate and Continuous Education
- Faculty for International Students
Duration for MBBS Course
Volgograd State Medical University offers a 6-year MBBS course. The 6-year course duration is for English medium students, for Russian medium students, the duration is 7 years. In addition to it, medical universities in Russia allow students to work during your span of 6 years so that they get real-time experience as well.
Hostel Facility for Foreign Students
Volgograd State Medical University hostel facility is duly provided to the foreign students at VSMU. The university has 7 hostels for students. There is a separate provision for boys and girls. You can opt for a shared or private room. Some of the highlights of the hostel facilities include:
- The university offers affordable hostel rooms on a sharing basis for students.
- You may have to accommodate at least 3 or 4 students in a shared room.
- Hostels are WiFi-enabled, just like the university campus.
- The kitchen is also available in hostels. It gives you the liberty to cook your own food.
- Accommodation places also have amenities like hot and cold water, a heater, and so on.
- Both private and shared rooms are truly-furnished with essential necessities like beds, tables, and chairs, cabinets, and so on.
- A hostel is a safe place for both boys and girls. Special enhanced security measures are followed 24×7.
Admission in VolgSMU
This university is a very popular choice for Indian aspirants as they get the opportunity to pursue high-quality medical education at a low price abroad. The Volgograd State Medical University admission begins in June and the academic session starts in September. The university offers direct admission based on students’ academic records and grades. The students are required to qualify NEET as well. The university is much cheaper as compared to the cost of MBBS in India. Moreover, students do not have to battle the fierce competition to grab their seats in a reputed medical college or university as compared to India. The most brilliant students in India sometimes could not qualify due to intense competition and very limited seats which is quite pathetic. That is why such students prefer to study MBBS from abroad, Russia. The MBBS in VSMU offers a high opportunity to practice medicine both in India and abroad.
Students interested to do MBBS abroad must apply as soon as the admission procedure starts for a Russian university because admission to VSMU University is offered on a first come first-served basis. Students from India must have qualifying marks in NEET. The total course duration for MBBS is 6 years, including a one-year internship to gain much-needed practical knowledge and firsthand experience upfront. After completing the course, students are awarded a degree in MD (equivalent to an MBBS degree in India).
To get admission to the VSMU MBBS program applicant must fulfill the following eligibility criteria given below:
- The age of the applicants must be 17 years on or before 31st Dec of the year of admission to MBBS in VolgSMU.
- The applicant must have passed the higher secondary school.
- The subjects in 12th must comprise Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English
- The percentage must be 50% or above per subject in ECB.
- NEET is mandatory for Indian students.
- IELTS and TOEFL not required.
- A passport with at least 2 years of validity.
- Certificate and mark sheet of 10th class. (Higher school)
- Certificate and mark sheet of 12th class. (Secondary school)
- The NEET Scorecard. (with Qualified marks)
- Fees Guarantee letter for 6 years. from parents.
- Notarized birth certificate if the student is not 18 years old.
- 20 passport size photo – 4.5 x 3.5 cm with 80% face at the matte paper.
- Documents apostille from the Ministry of HRD & External Affairs, India.
- Medical fitness certificate.
- Report of HIV test (Negative).
- Documents should be translated & legalized by the Russian Embassy.
The Volgograd State Medical University admission process is as follows:
Step 1: Fill the online application form correctly. You can visit the online portal of the university for this. You can visit the authorized and official representative of the VolgSMU – RREC team as well where you will be duly guided regarding a complete online form application.
Step 2: Submit all relevant documents related to the admission online. The team of RREC will help students in submitting all relevant documents online.
Step 3: The applicant will receive a provisional admission letter in 4-5 working days if selected, the invitation letter within 22-26 working days.
Step 4: Once you receive the invitation letter from the Volgograd State Medical University. RREC Team will help you with documentation, visa, and ticket. After getting a visa you are now ready to fly to study MBBS at VolgSMU. Note please: The student must confirm with full fees for the first year before 5 days to departure.
Fee Structure at VSMU
The Volgograd State Medical University fees are low and affordable because it is a government-funded university. The government provides subsidies on education. The approximate Volgograd State Medical University fee structure is given below
Fees for Medicine (MBBS)
|1st year||2nd year to 6th year||Grand Total|
|8500 USD||6900 USD||43000$|
|Total in INR||Rs 6,22,000||Rs 5,05,000||
Note: The cost is approx. as it may fluctuate with the current currency rate.
*Fees include tuition fees, hostel fees and medical insurance fees only.
Volgograd State Medical University Ranking
VSMU is known for its quality education pattern and system. The university ranking is excellent both on the nation and international front. Volgograd State Medical University Country Ranking Is 105, on the other Volgograd State Medical University Ranking on the international circuit (World ranking) is 3103, according to 4icu.org. The ranking reveals the overall quality, standard, and facility provided to the students studying medical education. It reckoned among the top ten universities in Russia due to top-level medical education under an affordable budget.
Cost of Living
The average cost for living and food will largely depend on where you live and eat. You can eat from a mess, hotels, and restaurant or make your own food. The living expense in Russia may vary from individual to individual as there is no limit on how much you can spend on your living. If you spend lavishly you might end of on a higher side, whereas sensible and budget-friendly spending will incur an average and affordable cost to you. However, an approximate cost of living based on numerous students already living there may range as follows.
- Living cost: It may range you about $100-$120 per month.
Clearing FMGE/NEXT Examination after MBBS Abroad
Appearing and clearing FMGE/NEXT exam is mandatory in India. According to the new regulation that will affect the new MBBS batch in VSMU, students completing MBBS degree from abroad will have to appear in the NEXT/FMGE exam in order to acquire eligibility to practice in India or getting registration in NMC. Previously, this exam was held by NBE (National Board of Exam). The percentage of pass students in the NEXT/FMGE examination at VSMU is relatively higher as well. The team RREC will help you to find the best coaching and preparation module for FMGE/NEXT preparation.
You may also consider the below options:
- Taking live online coaching where recorded lecture plus test module are offered (best option).
- Attending lectures provided by eminent professors from India.
- Buying recorded materials or videos online.
- Study with the digital content, books, and material available online.
Challenges for Students Studying in Russia
- Russia is predominantly a cold region with having a cold climate. Students might feel uncomfortably accustomed to the native climate instantly.
- Russian is the native language for the citizen in Russian, therefore students might come across some language barrier while dealing outside the campus.
- Though the Russian language is taught during the initial year of their MBBS course, yet they have to put in extra effort to learn the language.
- If you want to work alongside your study, it may not be an easy task as MBBS study requires lots of self-study, effort, and concentration.
- Students might drift from the goal due to the absence of their parents or guardian.
RREC Offers Extended Support
Team RREC being an official and authorized representative for admission in Russian Medical Universities we provide extended support to parents and students planning to get admission to VSMU. We are proud to say that we have zero rejection records. We do not limit ourselves when it comes to offering complete admission to Russian services. Our expert guidance will help you to achieve your dream of becoming a world-class doctor and grow faster in your career.
We offer personal counseling, tele-counseling, and online counseling. Drop-in personally or contact us by phone, you will find us helpful and appropriate for all your admission-related needs. Do not hesitate to get in touch with us we are always there to help you.
- If the agent asks to pay 6-year fees during admission, you must know that the university does not ask for 6 years fees altogether. Students should pay fees on yearly basis.
- You should confirm that you are going to be enrolled in an English medium MBBS course and not a Russian medium.
- Do not believe in any future promise regarding NEXT/FMGE preparation by the agents.
We offer personal counseling, tele-counseling, and face-to-face counseling. Drop-in personally or contact us by phone, you will find us helpful and appropriate for all your admission-related needs. Do not hesitate to!
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Q – What are the chances of getting admission of students in VSMU?
If you fulfill the eligibility criteria and your document is clear then you can apply and get admission. The only thing that can hold you back is applying after the deadline. So apply asap.
Q – Is NEET qualification essential?
Yes, your application cannot be entertained if you do not have a NEET scorecard.
Q – Am I entitled to get an education loan to pursue MBBS abroad?
Yes, education loan is readily available at various platforms for interested students.
Q – How long will it take to procure a student Visa for Russia?
The approval of a student Visa for Russia may take 5-6 working days if your entire document is clear and ready. It is recommended to apply for Visa only when your document is ready.
Q – How much does it cost for a Student Visa application?
In order to acquire a student visa, you need to pay approximately $100.
Q – Can I work along with my MBBS study in Russia?
No, you can’t work, as you have a student visa. So your purpose to arrive here is to only study.
Q – Will I be able to work in India right after my completion of MBBS in VSMU?
No, to do medical practice after the MBBS degree abroad you need to clear the NEXT/FMGE examination. It is compulsory for all medical degree holders from abroad to appear in the NEXT/FMGE examination and clear it to practice further in India.
Q – Has the importance of a medical degree achieved from VSMU less than Indian MBBS?
Not at all, In fact, the MBBS degree achieved from VSMU is recognized and approved worldwide. You can work or participate in continuous education abroad in India and other parts of the world as well.
Q – How long is the internship?
The total duration of MBBS in Russia is 6 years. After clearing the screening exam of NMC in India, the internship duration is for one year.
Get Direct Admission to VolgSMU, Join Reliable Russian Educational Consultants
Admission open for the 2021-22 academic year, interesting students may contact us
Contact numbers: +917042284508, 509 (Indian office)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Students or parents can write to us on at WhatsApp also +917042284508 (Ind)
Top Medical University of Russia-Volgograd State Medical University
- 1 Volgograd State Medical University – A Popular Choice For MBBS in Russia 2021
- 1.1 About Volgograd State Medical University
- 1.2 Get Direct Admission
- 1.3 Why should You Choose Team RREC for Admission to VSMU in 2021?
- 1.4 Recognition and Accreditation
- 1.5 University Summary at a Glance
- 1.6 Why should Indian Students strive to get admission for MBBS at VSMU in 2021/22?
- 1.7 Faculties at VolgSMU
- 1.8 Duration for MBBS Course
- 1.9 Hostel Facility for Foreign Students
- 1.10 Admission in VolgSMU
- 1.11 Eligibility Requirement
- 1.12 Fee Structure at VSMU
- 1.13 Fees for Medicine (MBBS)
- 1.14 Volgograd State Medical University Ranking
- 1.15 Clearing FMGE/NEXT Examination after MBBS Abroad
- 1.16 Frequently Asked Questions:-
- 1.17 Get Direct Admission to VolgSMU, Join Reliable Russian Educational Consultants
- 1.18 Admission open for the 2021-22 academic year, interesting students may contact us
- 1.19 Top Medical University of Russia-Volgograd State Medical University